Whiten your smile on your own time with this effective professional teeth whitening solution.
Who says the only way to get a whiter smile is to come into the dentist’s office? Sure, in-office whitening can certainly give you the results you want quickly, but our Green Valley, Henderson, NV, cosmetic dentists Dr. Brad Wilbur and Dr. Emily Ishkanian also believe that you should be able to get amazing and professional whitening results from the comfort of your own home without breaking the bank. This is why we are pleased to offer KOR professional at-home teeth whitening.
How does KOR bleaching work?
KOR offers one of the most effective and powerful ways to whiten your smile from the comfort of your own home. Tooth enamel is porous, which means that the bleaching gel is able to safely penetrate the enamel to break up stain molecules.
Our Green Valley, Henderson, NV, dentist will first take molds of your teeth. These molds will then be sent to a KOR dental lab where they will make customized bleaching trays that will fit perfectly over your teeth. The trays will be worn while you sleep for about two weeks, after which you will come back in for a final consultation to make sure that you are happy with the results.
How long will my results last with KOR whitening?
This is entirely up to you. While in-office whitening results can last several months and even up to a year or more if you continue to maintain good oral hygiene, if you decide to keep up with periodic home whitening care with KOR, you could end up with permanently whiter results.
Will at-home whitening whiten my dental crowns, fillings, or veneers?
This is a question we get often, since many people do at least have a dental filling. While KOR professional whitening is powerful and can get teeth several shades whiter in just two weeks (it can even remove stubborn stains caused by antibiotics), it will not be able to lighten artificial structures like crowns and fillings.
Are you interested in getting a whiter smile while kicking back and relaxing at home? Do you have an important job interview or special occasion coming up that requires a whiter smile? If you said “yes” then it’s time to call Green Valley Dental Care in Henderson, NV, to find out how KOR teeth whitening can help you.
Dentures fill in your gaps to give you a beautiful, full smile which functions normally and allows you to eat, speak and chew. However, you may not be aware of your denture options or which type of denture is best for you. Luckily, working together with your dentist can help you find the best treatment plan for you. Find out more about dentures and your denture options with Dr. Brad Wilbur and Dr. Emily Ishkanian at Green Valley Dental Center in Henderson, NV.
Do I need a denture?
If you have missing teeth and they are beginning to cause issues with eating, speaking, or your oral health, dentures may be the right treatment for you. Though you probably envision a traditional denture when you think about this restoration, there are actually various options to ensure you find the right plan for you.
What are my denture options?
- Full Dentures: A traditional full denture replaces all the teeth on an arch.
- Partial Dentures: Partial dentures take advantage of the remaining natural teeth and leave room for them to fit through the restoration.
- Immediate Dentures: A dental laboratory creates immediate dentures prior to a patient’s extraction procedure. This way, the patient can wear their denture immediately after their extraction. The denture acts as a band-aid while the extraction sites heal.
- Implant-Supported Dentures: Dental implants hold an implant-supported denture permanently in place. The implants lie within the jawbone under the missing teeth and anchor the denture into place.
Dentures in Henderson, NV
If you think a denture is the best treatment plan for your missing teeth, you should consult with your dentist at an examination. This visit will allow you to ask any questions or address any concerns you have about your oral health or your missing teeth.
For more information on dentures or your treatment options, please contact Dr. Brad Wilbur and Dr. Emily Ishkanian at Green Valley Dental Center in Henderson, NV. Call (702) 896-8933 to schedule your appointment with your dentist today!
Root canals are performed when the pulp or nerve of the tooth becomes infected and inflamed due to decay or an injury to the tooth. Dr. Brad Wilbur and Dr. Emily Ishkanian of Green Valley Dental Center, which is located in Henderson, NV, offer a complete range of dental services. Here are five signs you may need a root canal.
1. You have a toothache.
A severe toothache can be a sign of an infected tooth in need of a root canal. If you need a root canal, you may feel severe pain upon chewing or application of pressure. Some individuals fear root canals because they assume they're very painful. The discomfort experienced in the time leading up to seeking root canal treatment is painful, not the procedure.
2. Your gums are swollen.
Gum inflammation around the tooth is a sign that you may need a root canal. Swollen gums is associated with infection, although it doesn't always mean an infection is present. The gum inflammation can range from being mild to pronounced. If you need a root canal, the gum swelling will disappear after treatment.
3. Hot and cold bother you.
Hot and cold sensitivity can be a sign that your tooth requires a root canal. Tooth sensitivity causes pain when the tooth is exposed to hot and cold temperatures. After root canal treatment, your tooth will no longer be sensitive to hot and cold temperatures because the pulp has been removed.
4. You have a darkened tooth.
One discolored or darkened tooth can be a sign that your tooth requires a root canal. When the roots of the tooth have died, the tooth may turn dark yellow, brown, black, or gray. Tooth discoloration is also related to severe dental decay or trauma, so seeing your dentist for a checkup is recommended.
5. You have a bump on your gum.
A soft, pimple-like bump on your gum is a sign that your tooth requires root canal therapy. This bump may go away and then come back. The bump is a sign that there is an infection and your body is draining it out through the pimple. Your dentist can treat this by performing a root canal.
If you need a root canal, why wait? We can help you today! CaLL Green Valley Dental Center at 702-896-8933 today to schedule an appointment in Henderson, NV. Root canal treatment will eliminate your pain and help you get back to a healthy and happy life.
Versatile dental crowns offer an excellent way to restore, protect or enhance your smile. The restorations are just one of the dental services provided by Henderson, NV, dentists Dr. Brad Wilbur and Dr. Emily Ishkanian of Green Valley Dental Center.
What are dental crowns?
Crowns, also called caps, are hollow restorations made of durable ceramic. They slide over teeth, covering them completely. Before you receive a crown, your tooth must be prepared to ensure that the restoration fits properly. Crowns are attached with dental cement and usually last many years before they need to be replaced.
How can crowns help my smile?
Multi-purpose crowns offer several benefits, including:
- Restoration: Broken teeth are unsightly and uncomfortable. Jagged edges can cut your mouth and make chewing difficult. Whether your tooth broke due to decay, a crack, or a fall or accident, a crown can restore its appearance and function. Although fillings are usually used to repair teeth damaged by decay, they may not be a good choice if the damage is extensive. Fortunately, crowns provide an excellent restoration method when a traditional filling isn't an option.
- Protection: Crowns protect weak teeth at risk for fractures. Teeth can weaken due to cracks or may become fragile due to large fillings, root canal therapy or other dental treatments. Age may also be a factor. As you grow older, your teeth may become brittle and more likely to crack or break. Dental crowns protect fragile teeth by absorbing biting forces that can cause breaks and fractures.
- Improved Appearance: Has one of your teeth become discolored due to an antibiotic you took as a child or a large filling? Your Henderson dentist at Green Valley Dental Center may recommend adding a crown in a shade that closely matches the color of surrounding teeth. Crowns are also a good choice to lengthen teeth that have shortened due to grinding or that were never quite as long as other teeth. They're also an option if you would like to improve the appearance of an oddly shaped tooth.
- Same Day Crowns: CEREC 3D offers same-day crown technology which means your new crown will be created right in the office, while you wait! Same-day crown technology means you won’t have to wait weeks for your new crown to come back from a dental laboratory, and you won’t have to wear an unsightly, uncomfortable temporary crown while you wait for your permanent crown. Using precise computer-assisted measurement and design, along with 3-D imaging, your crown will fit perfectly the first time.
Keep your smile strong, healthy and attractive with dental crowns! Call Henderson, NV, dentists Dr. Brad Wilbur and Dr. Emily Ishkanian of Green Valley Dental Center at (702) 896-8933 to schedule your appointment.
Find out how a tooth-colored filling can restore a cavity.
If our Henderson, NV, dentists Dr. Brad Wilbur or Dr. Emily Ishkanian just discovered a cavity during your last checkup you may be wondering what’s next. Of course, we talked to you about the fact that you will need to come back into the office to have the cavity treated. The sooner a cavity is treated the better for the health of the tooth; however, we also understand that our patients feel calmer when they understand the procedure they are about to undergo. Here’s what goes into getting a dental filling from Green Valley Dental Center.
Over time, decay can destroy the hard enamel layers of your teeth, causing cavities. When this happens the only way to treat the problem is to remove the decayed enamel from your tooth and then rebuild the tooth with a dental filling. While some people may notice dental pain and sensitivity that tips them off to the fact that they have a cavity, many cavities don’t cause any symptoms. This is why visiting your Henderson general dentist twice a year is important for everyone if you want to maintain a healthy smile.
Traditionally, decay is removed with a dental drill; however, before we remove the decay we will need to numb the area around the tooth. Even though there are no nerves within tooth enamel, you can experience sensitivity when enamel is being drilled away. By numbing the area beforehand we remove any discomfort you may experience during the procedure.
Once the decay has been removed, the next step is to rebuild and restore these holes in your teeth. Dental fillings not only improve the appearance of your tooth but also strengthen your tooth after a cavity. Of course, our goal as your Henderson family dentist is to make sure that you always get a dental restoration that looks as close to a real tooth as possible. This is why we use composite resin fillings. Composite resin can be matched to the tooth so that it blends in flawlessly.
Composite resin is also moldable, which means that we can easily shape and trim it to fill the tooth precisely so no one even knows that you have a filling. The resin will be applied in layers, shaped and contoured, and then hardened permanently to the tooth with a dental laser.
Are you dealing with symptoms of a cavity? Do you need to schedule a routine dental cleaning in Henderson, NV? Whatever the case might be, our dental team here at Green Valley Dental Center has you covered. Call us today!
This website includes materials that are protected by copyright, or other proprietary rights. Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use, as defined in the copyright laws, requires the written permission of the copyright owners.