Posts for category: Dental Procedures
How veneers from your dentist at Green Valley Dental Center in Henderson, NV, can give you a beautiful smile
Do you need to improve your smile? Did you know there is a fast and easy way to achieve your perfect smile? The answer is veneers! You may have heard about veneers, after all, they are one of the most popular cosmetic dental treatments available. It’s time for you to discover what veneers can do for your smile. Drs. Brad Wilbur and Emily R. Ishkanian at Green Valley Dental Center in Henderson, NV, offer veneers to give you the beautiful smile you deserve!
So, why are veneers so popular? For many reasons, in fact, veneers are one of the most versatile dental treatments available because they can hide problems like these:
- Fracture lines, cracks or breaks in your teeth
- Tooth wear, erosion or abrasion of tooth enamel
- Blotchy, discolored or stained teeth
They can even cosmetically reduce gaps between your teeth or tooth overlap, giving you the appearance of a straight, beautifully aligned smile. Because they are made of porcelain, they will resist stains, so your new veneers will stay white and bright even if you smoke or drink coffee.
Porcelain veneers also reflect light, so the veneers look just like natural tooth enamel, ensuring your smile will look totally natural.
Veneer treatment is conservative too! That’s because minimal to no tooth surface is removed to prepare your teeth for veneers. Just enough tooth surface is removed to accommodate the thickness of the veneers.
You can have your perfect smile with veneers in as little as 2 to 3 appointments, including a consultation appointment, tooth preparation appointment, and the final appointment to receive your veneers.
Veneers can mean the difference between an aging, unattractive smile and a more youthful, beautiful smile. You deserve to have a smile to be proud of, and veneers can help you achieve it. For more information about veneers and other cosmetic and restorative dental treatments, call your dentists, Drs. Brad Wilbur and Emily R. Ishkanian, at Green Valley Dental Center in Henderson, NV, today!
Dentures fill in your gaps to give you a beautiful, full smile which functions normally and allows you to eat, speak and chew. However, you may not be aware of your denture options or which type of denture is best for you. Luckily, working together with your dentist can help you find the best treatment plan for you. Find out more about dentures and your denture options with Dr. Brad Wilbur and Dr. Emily Ishkanian at Green Valley Dental Center in Henderson, NV.
Do I need a denture?
If you have missing teeth and they are beginning to cause issues with eating, speaking, or your oral health, dentures may be the right treatment for you. Though you probably envision a traditional denture when you think about this restoration, there are actually various options to ensure you find the right plan for you.
What are my denture options?
- Full Dentures: A traditional full denture replaces all the teeth on an arch.
- Partial Dentures: Partial dentures take advantage of the remaining natural teeth and leave room for them to fit through the restoration.
- Immediate Dentures: A dental laboratory creates immediate dentures prior to a patient’s extraction procedure. This way, the patient can wear their denture immediately after their extraction. The denture acts as a band-aid while the extraction sites heal.
- Implant-Supported Dentures: Dental implants hold an implant-supported denture permanently in place. The implants lie within the jawbone under the missing teeth and anchor the denture into place.
Dentures in Henderson, NV
If you think a denture is the best treatment plan for your missing teeth, you should consult with your dentist at an examination. This visit will allow you to ask any questions or address any concerns you have about your oral health or your missing teeth.
For more information on dentures or your treatment options, please contact Dr. Brad Wilbur and Dr. Emily Ishkanian at Green Valley Dental Center in Henderson, NV. Call (702) 896-8933 to schedule your appointment with your dentist today!
Root canals are performed when the pulp or nerve of the tooth becomes infected and inflamed due to decay or an injury to the tooth. Dr. Brad Wilbur and Dr. Emily Ishkanian of Green Valley Dental Center, which is located in Henderson, NV, offer a complete range of dental services. Here are five signs you may need a root canal.
1. You have a toothache.
A severe toothache can be a sign of an infected tooth in need of a root canal. If you need a root canal, you may feel severe pain upon chewing or application of pressure. Some individuals fear root canals because they assume they're very painful. The discomfort experienced in the time leading up to seeking root canal treatment is painful, not the procedure.
2. Your gums are swollen.
Gum inflammation around the tooth is a sign that you may need a root canal. Swollen gums is associated with infection, although it doesn't always mean an infection is present. The gum inflammation can range from being mild to pronounced. If you need a root canal, the gum swelling will disappear after treatment.
3. Hot and cold bother you.
Hot and cold sensitivity can be a sign that your tooth requires a root canal. Tooth sensitivity causes pain when the tooth is exposed to hot and cold temperatures. After root canal treatment, your tooth will no longer be sensitive to hot and cold temperatures because the pulp has been removed.
4. You have a darkened tooth.
One discolored or darkened tooth can be a sign that your tooth requires a root canal. When the roots of the tooth have died, the tooth may turn dark yellow, brown, black, or gray. Tooth discoloration is also related to severe dental decay or trauma, so seeing your dentist for a checkup is recommended.
5. You have a bump on your gum.
A soft, pimple-like bump on your gum is a sign that your tooth requires root canal therapy. This bump may go away and then come back. The bump is a sign that there is an infection and your body is draining it out through the pimple. Your dentist can treat this by performing a root canal.
If you need a root canal, why wait? We can help you today! CaLL Green Valley Dental Center at 702-896-8933 today to schedule an appointment in Henderson, NV. Root canal treatment will eliminate your pain and help you get back to a healthy and happy life.
Versatile dental crowns offer an excellent way to restore, protect or enhance your smile. The restorations are just one of the dental services provided by Henderson, NV, dentists Dr. Brad Wilbur and Dr. Emily Ishkanian of Green Valley Dental Center.
What are dental crowns?
Crowns, also called caps, are hollow restorations made of durable ceramic. They slide over teeth, covering them completely. Before you receive a crown, your tooth must be prepared to ensure that the restoration fits properly. Crowns are attached with dental cement and usually last many years before they need to be replaced.
How can crowns help my smile?
Multi-purpose crowns offer several benefits, including:
- Restoration: Broken teeth are unsightly and uncomfortable. Jagged edges can cut your mouth and make chewing difficult. Whether your tooth broke due to decay, a crack, or a fall or accident, a crown can restore its appearance and function. Although fillings are usually used to repair teeth damaged by decay, they may not be a good choice if the damage is extensive. Fortunately, crowns provide an excellent restoration method when a traditional filling isn't an option.
- Protection: Crowns protect weak teeth at risk for fractures. Teeth can weaken due to cracks or may become fragile due to large fillings, root canal therapy or other dental treatments. Age may also be a factor. As you grow older, your teeth may become brittle and more likely to crack or break. Dental crowns protect fragile teeth by absorbing biting forces that can cause breaks and fractures.
- Improved Appearance: Has one of your teeth become discolored due to an antibiotic you took as a child or a large filling? Your Henderson dentist at Green Valley Dental Center may recommend adding a crown in a shade that closely matches the color of surrounding teeth. Crowns are also a good choice to lengthen teeth that have shortened due to grinding or that were never quite as long as other teeth. They're also an option if you would like to improve the appearance of an oddly shaped tooth.
- Same Day Crowns: CEREC 3D offers same-day crown technology which means your new crown will be created right in the office, while you wait! Same-day crown technology means you won’t have to wait weeks for your new crown to come back from a dental laboratory, and you won’t have to wear an unsightly, uncomfortable temporary crown while you wait for your permanent crown. Using precise computer-assisted measurement and design, along with 3-D imaging, your crown will fit perfectly the first time.
Keep your smile strong, healthy and attractive with dental crowns! Call Henderson, NV, dentists Dr. Brad Wilbur and Dr. Emily Ishkanian of Green Valley Dental Center at (702) 896-8933 to schedule your appointment.
When you smile broadly, what do people notice? Hopefully, they see your white, even teeth. However, with some individuals, what shows first is uneven or excessive amounts of gum tissue--what the American Academy of Periodontology calls a "gummy smile." Can this smile defect be treated? In Henderson, NV, your Green Valley Dental Center dentists, Dr. Brad Wilbur and Dr. Emily Ishkanian, understand the aesthetics of gum tissue and how to help patients who have too much or too little.
Gums outside the norm
Beauty really is in the eyes of the beholder as the old adage goes, and it applies to what smile components make you look and feel attractive. White, even teeth surely are one component of a winning smile. So is dental alignment. But what about your gum tissue?
In their experience, Dr. Wilbur and Dr. Ishkanian find that tooth length and the amount of gum tissue which shows should be balanced by smile width and height. Additionally, because gum tissue nourishes and helps to anchor your teeth, it needs to be adequately sized and healthy. Too little tissue leaves roots exposed and too much poses a risk for infection and teeth that look unnaturally short.
People have differences in gum length for a variety of reasons. Commonly, they include:
- An upper lip that simply rises too high when the person smiles
- Improper eruption of teeth (they don't come far enough into the mouth)
- Brushing too aggressively (which pushes gums back)
- Heredity (gummy smiles run in families)
Treating the gums
Most gum grafting (gingivoplasty) or gum removal (gingivectomy) procedures can be done right in the treatment chair at Green Valley Dental Center. For instance, a gingivectomy, or crown lengthening, involves removing a small amount of tissue from selected teeth. For this treatment, topical or local anesthetic usually is sufficient.
Alternatively, your dentist in Henderson may suggest a completely different cosmetic treatment to change the appearance of your uneven gums. Called porcelain veneers, these dental laminates cover the front side of selected teeth, improving aesthetic defects such as tooth length. This is a minimally invasive way to make teeth look longer and gum tissue more appropriately sized.
Get your best smile
You can with a consultation at Green Valley Dental Center in Henderson, NV. Your dentist will examine your teeth and gums and suggest ways to balance their appearance. Contact the office for an appointment, won't you? Phone (702) 896-8933.