Missing Tooth Replacement Options in Henderson, NV
Restore Your Smile and Confidence with our Henderson Dentist
Tooth loss is highly common and often problematic. Fortunately, Dr. Dadon-Harris is a highly trained and experienced dentist in Henderson, NV, who offers a range of tooth replacement options. These options can help you regain your oral health and your confidence.
If you’re looking for the best way to replace your missing teeth, look no further than Green Valley Dental Center. Our caring team can help determine the best restorative treatment for your needs by providing high-quality, patient-oriented care.
What Causes Tooth Loss?
There are several reasons why individuals may experience tooth loss, including:
- Tooth Decay or Cavities: When tooth enamel is damaged, bacteria can enter and cause an infection, potentially leading to the loss of the tooth.
- Gum Disease: Inflammation and infection of the gums can cause them to recede and loosen teeth, leading to tooth loss.
- Trauma or Injury: A hard blow to the face or mouth can cause a tooth to be knocked out.
- Genetics: Some people are more prone to tooth loss due to genetic factors.
- Tooth Extraction: Teeth may be removed due to decay, infection, crowding, orthodontic treatment, or to prepare for dentures.
- Aging: With age, teeth may become worn or damaged, leading to tooth loss.
- Medical Conditions: Certain conditions, such as diabetes, cancer, and osteoporosis, can increase the risk of tooth loss.
Why Is It Important to Replace Missing Teeth?
Replacing missing teeth is necessary for several reasons:
- Oral Health Maintenance: Open sockets left by missing teeth are vulnerable to inflammation and infection. Missing teeth can also cause a shift in the alignment of remaining teeth as well as lead to jawbone loss, affecting the health of the surrounding teeth and gums.
- Improved Appearance: Missing teeth can negatively affect the aesthetics of your smile and lower self-esteem. Replacing them can restore and improve your appearance.
- Improved Speech and Easier Eating: Missing teeth can affect speech and make it difficult to eat certain foods. This can lead to nutritional deficiencies and a higher risk of indigestion, choking, and diabetes. Replacing missing teeth can restore the ability to speak and eat normally.
- Preventing Jawbone Deterioration: The jawbone needs stimulation to stay strong and prevent resorption. Replacing missing teeth with dental implants can provide this stimulation and prevent future jawbone density loss.
- Facial Structure Maintenance: Teeth play a role in supporting the facial structure, and missing teeth can cause the face to look older and sunken. Replacing missing teeth can help maintain a youthful appearance.
Overall, replacing missing teeth is crucial for maintaining oral health, improving the appearance and oral function, and preventing further complications. Schedule a consultation with our caring Henderson, NV, dentist by calling (702) 896-8933 to address tooth loss.
What are the Options for Missing Tooth Replacement?
Dental bridges are a popular option for missing tooth replacement. A dental bridge is made of false teeth with two dental crowns attached on either end. The crowns are placed on the surrounding healthy teeth, which holds the false teeth in place. This option is best for individuals who have missing teeth surrounded by healthy teeth.
A dental implant is a surgically inserted titanium screw-topped with restorations such as a dental crown. Implants are used to restore your smile’s function and esthetics following the loss of single or multiple permanent teeth. After a thorough intra-oral examination and interpretation of a 3D scan, we will determine whether or not you are a good candidate for dental implants. If you have insufficient jawbone density, you may need to undergo a bone grafting procedure to better qualify for implant placement.
Removable and Fixed Partial and Complete Dentures
Dr. Dadon-Harris offers everything from conventional partial and full mouth dentures to implant-supported arches. We work with a local dental lab to keep your impression visits as close to one another and as brief as possible. Our dentists understand that dentures are a major lifestyle change, and we’ll help guide you through a smooth transition.
Frequently Asked Questions
The cost of tooth replacement options will vary depending on the type of replacement you choose and the extent of your dental work. During your consultation with your dentist, you’ll receive a detailed quote that includes all the costs associated with your specific treatment plan. It’s important to note that many dental insurance plans offer coverage for missing tooth replacement options, so contact your provider beforehand.
The recovery time for missing tooth replacement will vary depending on the type of replacement you choose and the extent of your dental work. In general, dental bridges and dentures can be placed immediately after your consultation, while dental implants and partial dentures may require at least a few months for recovery.
The maintenance required for missing tooth replacement will vary depending on the type of replacement you choose. In general, dental bridges, dentures, and partial dentures will require regular cleaning and adjustments to ensure they fit comfortably and properly. Dental implants require good oral hygiene and regular dental check-ups to ensure they remain in peak condition for years to come.
Gum disease needs to be treated before getting a dental implant. They may recommend a different restoration or proceed with gum disease treatment before placing your implant post. Your dentist will assess your oral health and determine if you are a good candidate for a dental implant during your consultation.
Affordable Tooth Loss Solutions With Our Clark County Dentist
Losing adult teeth can debilitating to your health and your self-esteem. Fortunately, you don’t have to live with tooth loss any longer. With our customized tooth restoration options in Henderson, NV, Dr. Dadon-Harris and our team can help you achieve a healthy, beautiful smile.
Discover how our restorative dentists can change your oral health and confidence. Schedule a consultation by calling our Henderson dental office at (702) 896-8933 or by filling out our convenient online contact form. We welcome patients from Henderson and surrounding areas such as Boulder City, Paradise, and Winchester.